Hey! I’m Alicia Purdy, and if you’re like me- you love to praise and worship the Lord; and your desire is to draw closer to Him day by day, and understand more about using worship as a spiritual weapon of war! And if you’re really like me, you’re filled with weaknesses, flaws and shortcomings (sigh!) and could use some encouragement and support as you’re walking out your faith journey in strength, freedom and victory! Welcome to The Way of the Worshipper!
TheWayoftheWorshipper.com is a devotional-style Bible study blog filled with resources about worship– like what the Lord desires from His people in praise and worship, using worship as an effective weapon spiritual warfare, worshipping in “spirit and truth”, living the lifestyle of a worshipper, strengthening your foundation of faith in the presence of the Lord, how to identify and address the attacks of the enemy with worship, prayer and the Word of God- and so much more!
How to Use TheWayoftheWorshipper.com to Support Your Faith Journey
- Search by Keyword – You can use the “search” function to type in a subject, concept or teaching that you are interested in exploring and you’ll find lots of devotionals to use in your study! For example, here are some results for devotions about the subject of “Warfare”. Here are some results on the subject of “Joy”.
- Sort by Category:
- “The Worship Lifestyle” features devotions and Bible studies that will support you as you develop a lifestyle of worship over time, and will cover areas of life we all face- triumphs, hardships and challenges, pain, seeking, spiritual battles, growth and more.
- “Praise Foundations” covers the fundamentals of the Word of God and addresses common questions we all have with answers from the Word that build a solid foundation of faith upon which you can build and grow.
- “Worship Wisdom” blends Scripture with practical knowledge and Biblical advice about addressing the inner man before addressing the outward situations we all encounter. The greatest source of wisdom is the Word to conquer any challenge!
- Subscribe to “The Word of Worship” Newsletter – This weekly newsletter features exclusive content not found on the blog including freebies and downloads, opportunities (Like The Way of the Worshipper book club!), expanded teachings about worship, videos, updates, a new word of worship not available on the blog and more!
Here are a few FREE GIFTS, just for visiting today!
- Quick Reference download for the “7 Hebrew Words for Praise”
- “40 Reasons to Praise the Lord”
- “21 Powerful Attributes of a Powerful God”
How Did The Way of the Worshipper Get Started?
I hold an M.A. in Journalism from Regent University and a B.A. in Broadcasting from Geneva College and I have worked as a multi-media journalist for the past 15 years. My husband and I run a small, Christian talk radio station, The Alive Radio Network, in upstate, N.Y. I am also a pastor’s kid (!), a worship leader and songwriter… and VERY REAL PERSON with all the same pitfalls, challenges and trials we all face!
I was inspired by the Holy Spirit to write the book, “The Way of the Worshipper“ (Available on Amazon) as a way to support and encourage my own faith and then faith of the body of Christ because I saw over and over that many others were like me and had questions, needed help, wanted to go deeper into the Word of God and desired to connect to the Lord more intimately. The journalist in me started digging and searching the Word and the Lord has been faithful to bring an eye-opening, life-changing understanding of God’s deliberate design for worship!
After publishing the original book, I decided to go back and write a supplemental “Devotional Workbook” (Also available on Amazon, click here) to expand and fortify the Word in a much more personal way.
It’s my desire that The Way of the Worshipper help facilitate a deeper connection with the Spirit of God through understanding the purposes for which God created worship and what worship means to Him, so that each believer can walk in victory over the enemy in all areas of life. I firmly believe that worship is the most attacked and most misunderstood and most misused weapon of spiritual warfare. The journalist in me loves to dig and as I continued to delve into the Word of God on the subject of worship, TheWayoftheWorsipper.com was born- to keep digging deeper!
Here are the some of the most popular devotional Bible studies at The Way of the Worshipper to get you started:
- “The Soul Cries Out as the Deer Pants for Water”
- “The Violent Take it by Force!”
- “The Supernatural Power of Praise”
- “When the Enemy Comes in Like a Flood, Walk on Dry Ground!”
- “Building Your Faith on Jesus Christ, the Cornerstone”
You can reach out to me at: Publisher@TheWayoftheWorshipper.com or come find me on Facebook and subscribe to The Way of the Worshipper on YouTube!
Friends, together let’s “Run the race that is set before us,” (Hebrews 12:1-2) with knowledge, endurance and strength. Three of the most necessary tools any believer can have!
Don’t forget to visit the Bookstore for books and resources you can use as part of your personal devotions
You can also learn more about my journalism work, books I’ve written and more at PurdyAlicia.com