God loves to show His power. Throughout His Word the Lord shows the passion with which He breaks through to perform mighty acts for those who follow Him. Maybe you’re not currently experiencing or seeing that power, but that does not mean that God has forsaken you or that He is trying to teach you a lesson. No! That is a lie from the enemy to defeat you, so cast that down, in Jesus’ name! (2 Corinthians 10:5) Satan wants to see if your faith is in your head or your heart and he will press and he will push and he will poke until you break or God breaks through so stand strong! The hidden benefits of praise are often revealed in the storms and trials you face. As you worship the Lord, you’ll step into His secret place of power.
In that secret place of praise and worship, where you close out the storm and close into the Lord, the power of God begins to grow from within you, in your faith first, and then into your situation, starting like a tiny little prick of light that shines into the darkness that will glow and grow and become brighter and brighter in your spirit as you remind yourself of who God is. Your victory will always start inside of you before you see it outside of you.
The Hidden Benefits of Praise are Revealed in Worship
The Lord wants to show you His power today! There is a unique anointing on praise and worship that are distinct from reading the Word and from prayer, which are each uniquely powerful as well. When you utilize these spiritual weapons in combination with each other, the supernatural power of praise takes the forces of hell by storm! Forget the storms of Satan – when you worship, YOU are the storm!
In Psalm 46;1-5, there is an important, easily missed keyword that unlocks the power of praise and the Lord wants to reveal it to you and to show you something new about who He is. He is TOUGH and He will respond with a show of force to the enemy. You just keep standing in faith! Here is the secret word: “Though“. Take a look:
“God is our refuge and strength, a well-proven help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains shake with its swelling. Selah. There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy dwelling place of the Most High. God is in the midst of her; she will not be moved; God will help her in the early dawn. The nations roared; the kingdoms were moved; He uttered His voice; the earth melted.” (Psalm 46:1-6)
“God is a well-proven help in trouble” – you know this even though you may have allowed yourself to forget. You hold within yourself testimonies of His faithfulness to you, even if feel like you’ve been kicked down and you’re struggling to remember them. One of the ways God is worshipped is through remembering His mighty acts in your life. (Psalm 105:5) Take time to remember what He has done for you. And then worship Him for those things, even if they’re tiny. Gratitude is the point of origin for all true worship and your faith cannot exist without the vital connection to the Lord that comes from ministry to Him.
Fear Tries to Hide the Benefits of Praise
As you minister to the Lord in your praise and worship, you will find that you will NOT be moved because He is invited to move within the midst of your deepest places and He CANNOT be moved!~Alicia Purdy
“WE WILL NOT FEAR” – That is your decision and declaration of FAITH today and God wants to prove Himself to you….! Remember that fear is not an emotion. Fear is a spirit, a demonic oppression that will always push you to operate under its influence, rather than from love. “There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear.” (1 John 4:8) “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” (2 Timothy 1:7) What are you afraid of? Death? Pain? Loss? Humiliation? Poverty? Ask the Lord to show you what you are afraid of and He will help you fight it with faith! Look at the word “though” in the passages from Psalm 46 below and you’ll find that one of the hidden benefits of praise is that there is power in spite of your weakness!
1) “…though the earth be removed” – God’s word of faith for you? “God is in the midst of her, she will not be moved.” If you have made a dwelling place for the Lord in your worship, if you are a citizen who lives in His courts giving thanks to His name (Psalm 100), the Lord is within you. Of course at salvation the Holy Spirit came, but Psalm 22:13 says that the Lord dwells in praise. There is a “secret place”, a place of holiness and light that you construct through your praise, where His presence exists in a unique and powerful dynamic. As you minister to the Lord in your praise and worship, you will find that you will NOT be moved because He is invited to move within the midst of your deepest places and He CANNOT be moved! Within and “in His presence is fullness of joy” (Psalm 16:11) and the joy of the Lord will make you strong. (Nehemiah 8:10)
2) “…though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea…though its waters foam” – God’s word of faith for you? “There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God.” What does this mean?? God SPLITS the seas and He who can divide the sea can solve every problem, heal every sickness and fill every need. But the river brings life and JOY! In John 7:38 Jesus said, “Whoever believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.'” God spoke to Ezekiel and said, “And wherever the river goes, every living creature that swarms will live, and there will be very many fish. For this water goes there, that the waters of the sea may become fresh; so everything will live where the river goes.” (Ezekiel 47:9) Guess what? The “ocean” is outside of you and is under your command in Jesus’ name. The river of God flows from inside of you and is living, vital and clear. Though it looks like the oceans rage on the outside, God placed a river of life in you, so what you choose to focus on will determine how you experience your life!
3) “…though the mountains shake with its swelling…” – God’s word of faith for you? “He uttered His voice and the earth melted…” The voice of God is the most powerful thing to ever exist! With His voice He spoke the universe and all its fullness into existence! And now? For you? He simply speaks and the earth melts, the strongholds, the mountains of resistance – gone. You, on the other hand, live under His divine, loving protection. “For the mountains may be removed, and the hills may shake, but My kindness shall not depart from you, nor shall My covenant of peace be removed, says the Lord who has mercy on you.” (Isaiah 54:10) Maybe you’re experiencing a shaking. Maybe the ground you walk feels unsteady. WORSHIP THE LORD because, “The mountains melt like wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the earth.” (Psalm 97:5)
Meditate on this. You’ve asked the Lord for help, for a word. HERE IT IS. He is faithful! There isn’t any “though” that is too tough for the Lord to break through!
Learn About More Hidden Benefits of Praise:
- “The Supernatural Power of Praise”
- “Dwelling in the Secret Place of the Most High”
- “Seven Ways to Praise God for the Prize!”
Don’t forget to pick up a copy of The Way of the Worshipper on Amazon – and AVAILABLE NOW you can also purchaseThe Way of the Worshipper: A Devotional Workbook for deeper study, personal examination and spiritual growth!